Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Corn, Corn and More Corn


This weekend was the annual corn run to Deridder, Louisiana.
Every year Lori from work makes the treck all the way there for
sweet corn that is grown by the Amish. It is by far the best corn
that I have ever eaten and well worth the eight hours spent in the
car and the look of fear on my face when the gas light came on and
we were on the road to NOWHERE!! We did make it though, but it was
a stretch of about 30 miles with NOTHING on it.
I had plenty of help shucking and cutting off the cob, and my three bushells were all in the
freezer in record time.
We stopped by another farm in Hornbeck, La. and picked up peas,
and tomatoes. When the Amish lady looked in the back of our
vehicle and saw the tomatoes, she asked us where we got them.
I proudly showed her my peas that I purchased ALREADY SHELLED!
She said "OH THAT'S NICE" I explained that it was the lazy city girl
way to do things!

No comments:

Post a Comment